Fruits are called Nature’s fast food as no preparation is required in the making. They are readily available. Fruits have major health benefits. Fruits and vegetables are a major part of healthy diet and is one of the most recommended food items in the current times.
Majority of the existing population is conscious about weight and eating fruits directly is the richest source of fibre. Nevertheless, fruits can be taken in various forms may be for a change of taste, the decrease in availability of some seasonal fruits and most importantly for the lack of time. cream and shakes contain less fibre comparatively. Also there is no chewing resistance so we tend to overeat. Berries are often considered in this case as they have considerable amount of skin.
Lets list out the major benefits of FRUITS
- They are low in calories.
- Also endeavor in the maintenance of blood pressure (especially Oranges).
- They reduce the risk of heart diseases like stroke and Type II Diabetes as there is no cholesterol.
- They keep the teeth and gums healthy.
- Reduce oxidative stress.
- They also protect against chronic and deadly diseases like cancer.
- As they have high fibre content they keep the digestive system healthy.
- They are also prosperous in Vitamin C and folate(Folic acid).
- Folate helps in formation of red blood cells.
- Pregnant ladies need ample folate and are periodically given supplements( synthetic folate).
- Also reduce the risk of Neural tube defects, Spina bifida and Anencephaly during fetal development.
- They contain Vitamin C for growth and repair of all body tissues. They also encourage the healing of the cuts and wounds.
- They are affluent in under consumed nutrients including potassium.
- They provide nutrients and help us to maintain the health and the serenity of the body.
- Most fruits are innately low in fats Sodium and calories.
Evidence does not support the age old saying that “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” but no one can refute the fact that fruits are tasty, healthy and the best go-to snack as they help us fill up without a lot of calories.